Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sweet!

I'm in the hospital once again.  Had a fever, got worse told to go to the ER to have tests, stupidly went to local hospital ER and not hospital with my cf team's ER, got admitted, given antibiotics, responded to them, feeling better, ready to go home, fully capable of continuing IVs at home if need be, Nausea mostly gone as of mid last week!
 The speed version and now you are up to date, wasn't that nice! 

So of course I have a long story to tell.
You are correct you know me too well!

My blood sugar issues are proving to be quite a problem.  My doctor here seems to think my blood sugar is extremely unmanaged and needs to be controlled before I am let out.  Unfortunately this guy has only just met me 3 days ago and I have a, shall I say complicated medical history.  We have explained that my sugars are crazy, don't make much sense, that we are working on them with my docs and that (controlling my sugars) should not be the main focus of this hospital stay.  Do I agree that my blood sugars are not being managed perfectly? YES of course!  I am not of fan of running in the high 300s at least once a day but things are moving in the right direction.  We have finally gotten my lows to be nearly eliminated which are far worse feeling and much riskier than my highs and my highs, for the most part have been lower than they have been.  We don't have the right plan yet but we are making progress and with anything new it takes time to adjust to it and get it right.  Plus if my possessive (in a caring way) transplant team, who I saw a mear 2 weeks ago and who were able to save my life by giving me new lungs and then save it again when said lungs didn't work right away, are okay enough to let me go over 1000 miles away from them, then I'm going to trust them in this situation, instead of the doc who ordered my meds at the complete wrong times (putting meds that interact badly together and trying to have me take my enzymes when I'm not eating anything) and asked me this morning if CF effects my absorption (uh yeah!).  I certainly don't  agree that my sugars warrent a 3 day and counting gig in the ICU.  Unfortunately between my mother, my father and myself, we are not getting through and this is one girl who knows when to put up the white flag. So I have earned another ride on the blood sugar coaster at the CF transplant world fun park!  At least on the plus side when this is all said and done I will have perfected my multi-all nighter with periodic power nap skills, as hourly blood sugar checks are a great training tool in the hopefully up and coming sport, hey maybe I'll get gold!  (Yes the Olympics are on right now and yes I do watch both the prime time and the repeats most nights as that is just about the only decent thing to watch on the hospital tv at 2:30 in the morning!)
I'm not so sure good night is the appropriate way to end this thing,  but as it is the middle of what free (aka out there, no not hippie, the free, in the world, not stuck in the hospital) type people call night and I have a cat nap to be getting to I will leave it at that, good night.

1 comment:

  1. Booo I'm sorry anna that's sucks as always what a stupid doctor. Free anna

    ReplyDelete